Thursday 17 July 2014

Mary Kom ....a star , a movie , a dream come true.

Mary Kom







Sanjay Leela Bhansali is ready to release Priyanka Chopra's  Mary kom biography film. The story of the film is based on the life of Olympic medallist Mary kom. According to Sanjay Leela , "It is an inspiring story that touched my heart".

Not many films are based on biopics of living people, so this is a rare experiment. I am proud that I am part of this film, " Bhansali, who is producing the film, said.
The makers wanted to keep Mary in the loop regarding the project, hence she came to the Film City here early this week and agreed to have a film made on her life. Bhansali is known for portraying strong women characters in his films.

When I see the fist picture of Priyanka Chopra's Mary Kom ,  I feel proud on her and on me as a woman. I feel we should know about
Mary Kom. After all, she is one of the inspiring role model for a woman.




After marriage and kids not all , but most of the woman leave there job. She is lucky that she is married and have kids and still she is working so devotedly.

That's her family who supported and helped her. I must say what she is today is not only the result of  her dedication and hard work but at the back end its her family and husband support.



Her full name is Mangte Chungneijang Mary Kom. She was born on 01-03-1983 in a poor family in Kangathei, Churachandpur district, Manipur. Her height is 1.58 m. She has three children. Mary Kom worked helped her family by both hands in the fields.

The 31 year old Mary Kom has returned to the ring after a long break,  during which she had her third baby, Prince, and a surgery to have gall bladder
stones removed.









While she was attending school, also caring for her younger siblings and playing all kinds of sports including hockey, football and athletics but not
 boxing.  Inspired by Manipuri boxer Dingko Singh’s gold at the 1998
Asian Games, Mary Kom moved to Imphal, the Manipur capital, to train
 in athletics.

Dressed in torn, shabby clothes, the teenager approached coach K. Kosana Meitei at the Sports Authority of India there and asked to be given a chance. The coach remembers her practising punches late into the night, long after the others had gone to bed. Chungneijang’s goal was simple: to lift her family out of poverty and live up to her name.

She is a world boxer champion and she is the only woman boxer to have won a medal in each one of the six world championships.Mary Kom is a five time successive World Boxing champion,in boxing competition organised by the International Boxing Association (AIBA).  As of June 2012, she is ranked world no. 4 in the 51 kg women’s category by AIBA.


She has more than three Asian titles and eleven National titles under her belt. She is a recipient of the Arjuna Award, the Padma Shri Award, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award and a special award from AIBA. Mary Kom created history by becoming first person from north east to win bronze medal in Olympics 2012.


Back to movie Mary Kom, Sanjay leela Bhansali dared and Justice to the role which is done by Priyanka Chopra.
Priyanka says “Heart. Blood. Sweat. Soul. I’ve given it my all.is a simple story on what it took Mary Kom to battle all the hardships of life and still emerge victorious on the international platform". The story and screenplay is written by Saiwyn Quadras. Apart from Priyanka, the film also stars Shishir Sharma and Zachary Coffin. Priyanka has worked really hard for this film.

Priyanka is almost unrecognisable in the first look of the film.At the first view I am surprised but feel proud on Mary Kom and Priyanka too. Mary really inspired me and Priyanka surprised me . So I thought to write on them.
The National award-winning actress had earlier said that every day of shooting the movie had been inspirational. Priyanka worked tremendous in the film.
Being a woman she tried her best to put in the film. With the first view of the poster I have a feeling that Priyanka will definitely make a record and get number of awards. So much effort by a woman always is an inspiring key for women and of-course welcomed by men.

Thoughts are changed now and a man has started respecting a woman. Its good for our country and family growth.

I get really inspired when I heard some Of Mary's word :
-“Boxing is not easy. When I started, my male friends would say it is not a woman’s sport. But I say if men can do it then why not women.”.
-“When I had two children even my father did not believe in me, let alone others. However, my family’s love and support helped me to reach my dream”
.
-“If I, being a mother of two, can win a medal, so can you all. Take me 
as an example and don`t give up”.

The release date of Mary Kom, the much-awaited biopic on Olympic medal-winning boxer M C Mary Kom, has been locked. It will come out on October 2, celebrated as Gandhi Jayanti across the country every year.


1 comment: