Monday 30 November 2015

My GM diet Experience (Review) - Inches matters....

Well, Many people hate dieting. Dieting is not being hungry. But to eat certain things that does not make you happy instead gives you a good body and long lasting pleasure. People are good with their daily basis happiness which is so much junk food dependent. 

I was same. Then it was too much and my kids wanted their mom to be fit and look good. I decided to sacrifice my food dependent happiness and just go for diet. I searched a lot of diets giving assurance of weight loss. There I found GM and it really attracted me for its fewer days diet plan.

In last two months I tried twice the GM Diet. I couldn’t even think about dieting but i was in desperate need of loosing some fat. Which made me finally to opt this diet plan. The reason to opt it was the variety of options it provides on different days. And the period of 7 days is really less to stick on something which you don't like much. It don't ask you to exercise. :) Although walk and light crunches / stretching are fine for better result.

As you must have read in many places, including in GM website:


"The GM Diet is a seven-day diet plan which was supposed to have been created by General Motors for their employees. it is a detox diet and detoxifies the body. It cleanses the body of all impurities and gives a refreshed feeling. "



It is just a 7 days plan:

~First day is only and all the fruits day except bananas.
~Second day is baked potato for breakfast. Rest of the day vegetable soups and boiled vegetables are allowed.
~Third day is a mix of some fruits and vegetables. No potato,banana or any other things are allowed. 
~Forth day is for only banana and milk.

~Fifth day is a happy day as you can have brown rice with vegetables.
~Sixth day is mix of lean beef/cottage cheese and vegetables.
~Seventh day is a food day from every food group.

Note- Being a vegetarian I replaced beef with cheese.


Many people have tried it and lost from 1/2-7 kg of weight. Even no weight loss sometimes. But this is something which depends on your caliber to follow it strictly, your body type, your age etc. 

I followed the diet 2 times! On my first diet I lost 1 kg and on second I lost 1.5 kg only. But there was difference in inches. I was able to for myself in my old dresses. Even after one week of my last GM day I could find myself even more shrink. 

And the point is that I did GM but not very sincerely. I was really cheating a little and hence might be my weight loss was not much. I could not keep myself away from tea or coffee or little bit munching. Although I was using sugar free, but its too was against GM rules. 

Anyways, I was happy at the end, as I could fit myself in my old dresses. GM diet works for sure, weight loss might not be the result but inches loss is for sure. I prefer to go for it in every 10-20 days. As I know I can not exercise on regular basis or leave fast food/Indian oily food totally.
  
Just kick off the GM:
  • Prepare yourself mentally for the diet.
  • Keep the stock of the required GM eatables as mentioned in its website.
  • Drink lots and lots of water.
  • To avoid any distraction try to choose the week which is free from gatherings, parties etc.
  • If possible do some walk and stretching during GM.

Its your health,
Its your life,
Its your choice,
Choose a diet,
And make the difference,
Its your right.......


Happy Dieting..... :)

~Nidhi

No comments:

Post a Comment